Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

[UT] <EXU2> "G59" (OLD THREAD)

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject: Re: <EXU2> "G59"

Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011, 04:13

It's good to see that there's an official work around being built in, but it still seems kind of hacky. Forgive my ignorance, but isn't there a way to fix the corruption issue completely? Or is it caused by something super-complex which defies debugging?
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011, 06:32

It's an engine issue and I don't know what causes it. I think it's just a case where overwriting a file too much breaks it after a while; this has been happening since well before EXU was made. Save redundancy will practically solve the problem even if the underlying cause remains unknown.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011, 23:32

With Cybernetika's new release and with the fantastic FalloutNV DLC Old World Blues being finished, looks like I'm ready to work and finish this experimental take on EXU2!
ImageImage

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011, 00:31

Yay! Looking forward to playing this since I can finally enjoy some EXU that I'm NOT solely responsible for balancing :p

Is the new Cybernetika album out already!?

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011, 00:35

Not yet out.
I'm planning to use Anomaly though, I was waiting for it.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011, 00:38

One question though
How "Coop Checkpoints" work? Basically Trigger>Event for newly placed Playerstarts?
ImageImage

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011, 01:57

Yeah all you need to do is trigger the old set off and the new set on, and do it at fairly logical places. Be sure that it's impossible for a player to trigger one set on too early, or else you can throw the whole system out of whack (as you can see in the current version of Map 15 online right now in Demo 4).

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011, 14:36

As for now that I've nothing to lose it's time for another playtest. The 10th one by now

Well, rgh, it's taking longer. Editor Dave did a great job by testing G59 several times and now I'm doing the possible for perfectioning all the playable levels. Thanks to anybody who helped me since the beginning of the development of this pack.

There's still a strange bug in Neve (the map above) which has a high tendency of crashing the game if there's a high amount of decals. Removing the decals remove the bug.

The last special map is left but I'm still thinking if adding it or not. Due to the storyline I'm somehow locked to develop and add it but motivations for doing the level are close to zero: there's not much reason for the level to exist and whatever I'll do, it will probably turn out to be a weak map and an anti-climatic true final battle (since, by that point, the big enemy is already gone). And the map in question is technically bad and there aren't much choices left for the concept I have in mind - a concept which is, as I said, pretty generic. It's just like your final escape map but with shit to shoot at.

I don't have a lot of time and I definitely want to release this. The first 10 maps, all ready, cover the main storyline and I'm satisfied with what I did with them. Since the final version of EXU2 is still far from being released, then G59 should at least cover that gap. I will then return to it again when EXU2 is fully released, adding the unholy last level and re-fixing everything since the last version of EXU2 will come with shitload of actor changes.

What do you think about the matter?
ImageImage

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011, 14:09

New content dowant
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011, 19:33

I guess you have to weigh up the anti-climatic combat with the map vs. the anti-climatic story without the map. I would personally like to see all the maps there before a release.

Perhaps to make the level more interesting you could set it so everything blows up in five minutes. :o

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011, 19:56

The climax of the game is already done (main antagonist in other words). The map afterwards (this one I'm talking about) is sort of like an "alternate" escape, where the story doesn't count anymore since by that point everything is sorted up.
ImageImage

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011, 21:22

I'd be very interested to see the actual last map as soon as possible ;)
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011, 13:44

Okay once after I finish playing the new Serious Sam game (owns) I'll be back on this, definitely. I need a bit of help though, since I'm creating a few items I thought of in the past few days. I have already done some of them, the others not so much and so I need scripting help.

It's extremely easy stuff for average/veteran coders and if anyone is up for it I'll be very happy.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [UT] <EXU2> "G59"

Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011, 16:57

Oh yes!
Right now I'm improving/changing stuff throughout the various maps, finishing what was missing, adding new secrets and items and screwing up with Bosses. Some Q4 2011 games have giving me lots of ideas, but since the 10 maps are all done and playable I won't take that much time to wrap up everything. At least prior to the final EXU2 BI release (still a lot of time to wait) I'll be able to give something new to play :) It will be all cool hopefully - I'm finally satisfied with what I have done.
ImageImage

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Re: [UT] <EXU2> "G59"

Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011, 17:13

UBerserker wrote:I'm finally satisfied with what I have done.

Then I will trust your discerning nature and expect lots of fun from this! \o/

As this is a full campaign, I'm assuming it will contain the powerful EXU weapons that don't appear in BI: Demo 4?

Previous Next