A random sentence for a random mind.

[RELEASED] [UT] [U1] The Fifth Vortex - Ehactora's Story

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Doublez-Down
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: [RELEASED] [UT] [U1] The Fifth Vortex - Ehactora's Story

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011, 19:41

Developer: Doublez-Down and Teridax

Synopsis: It is approximately 25 years since the events of Return to Na Pali. The Skaarj are much fewer in number, with only a few pockets here and there. The cause of their demise, while certainly contributed to by Prisoner 849, is still mostly unknown. Recently however, there has been a small but sudden spike in their population.
Since the events of Return to Na Pali, and the subsequent decline of Skaarj presence on the planet itself, Na Pali has become the target of smugglers and raiders looking to loot any remaining Nali ruins or temples. While the famous temples of Vandora and Velora, along with the chambers of Chizra, have all been desecrated, there are still many left. The Nali had many other gods and goddesses of worship, including “Ehactora”, the Nali Wind God.

Ehactora is believed to be the cause of “all movement in the universe” and is rumored to have spawned the likeness of Vandora (goddess of Lightning) and Chizra (Nali Water God). There is evidence of a sacred place of power and worship to Ehactora, known only as The Fifth Vortex. It is rumored that by rotating Ehactora’s huge sundials, The Fifth Vortex will be activated, unleashing an immense, powerful vortex which will allow instant movement to other sacred locations on the planet. Your mission is to make your way through Ehactora’s passage, explore his temple and collect any artifacts along the way to the massive ruins in which the sundials rest. Find a way to activate the sundials, thus unleashing the Fifth Vortex.

You are Lieutenant Lazurus Stevens, a former Marine officer on the UMS “Poseidon”. Your pilot and first mate, MSGT O’Neal has been your trusted friend since you both left the service. Since then, you both have joined the ranks of the many smugglers and traders. That said, you have no love for the Skaarj, and activating and controlling The Fifth Vortex should only help in further eliminating them.

While the Skaarj numbers are much fewer than they were during Prisoner 849’s romp across the planet, there are still areas of resistance, along with rogue Skaarj here and there. The planet is still inhabited by dangerous wildlife, and the Fifth Vortex itself has a particularly high concentration of life forms around it. The Nali still inhabit the planet, and have actually rebounded quite nicely with the Skaarj demise.

Features: An intro, 5 playable maps and an outro

Latest News: RELEASED

Download Links : http://www.mediafire.com/download/anfqs ... Vortex.zip
Moddb link: http://www.moddb.com/games/unreal/addon ... fth-vortex

Someone feel free to post a mirror. :wink:
Last edited by Doublez-Down on 19 Nov 2013, 16:06, edited 12 times in total.
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Re: [UGOLD] The Fifth Vortex - Ehactl's Story

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011, 19:48

Looking forward to this, especially considering the flavor text :tup: Sounds like there will be some teleporting going on!

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011, 19:51

The premise seems interesting, and those shots are awesome. :D

Are you sure you don't want to use any alternatives to Gold? With RySpak.u, Spinner.u, and Predator.u, you would have everything you need to make it compatible with other versions of Unreal. I'm pretty sure RySPak has effects (like the octagon) and inventory items, as well as the weapons and Space Marines.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [RTNP] The Fifth Vortex - Ehactl's Story

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011, 20:10

I'll probably won't play this if it's RTNP/Gold only.

But, haha, "-ctl" named god? We're going into Aztec/Maya style I guess.
ImageImage

Doublez-Down

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011, 20:52

sana wrote:Please adjust your thread to follow the Upcoming Maps guidelines and append additional info/plot details in a post right below, so that I can add your project to the main site. I will delete this post when you do.

Done...hopefully. And yeah, may change the name of the God once I get some more imagination. :shake:
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

User avatar Tarydax

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011, 21:25

I'll definitely play this, even if it needs Gold. Looks great so far. :tup:

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011, 21:36

UBerserker wrote:I'll probably won't play this if it's RTNP/Gold only.

As long as it's U, UG or UT I'll play it.

Pictures look good BTW

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011, 21:41

I can't play it because I don't have anything pre-227 installed :\
Sigh.
ImageImage

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011, 21:44

UBerserker wrote:I can't play it because I don't have anything pre-227 installed :\
Sigh.

Seriously, try to buy U or UG somewhere or (worst case scenario) get it onto your HD is a slightly less legal way (isn't U abandonware by now?). HD space isn't a problem and it's certainly worth it.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011, 21:59

It's something related to Unreal 1 technical-wise. Actually, I think you can't even use Unreal 1 for this, only GOLD has RTNP actors which I don't own.
ImageImage

Doublez-Down

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011, 22:29

UBerserker wrote:It's something related to Unreal 1 technical-wise. Actually, I think you can't even use Unreal 1 for this, only GOLD has RTNP actors which I don't own.

I'll try to get the other packages working eventually...but yeah, just did a google shopping search, and you can get Gold for like $4

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [rtnp] The Fifth Vortex - Ehactl's Story

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011, 22:37

Problem solveddd
Though now I have to get GOLD running on my rig because Unreal 1 gave me enough troubles
ImageImage

User avatar Legendslayer222

Subject: Re: [rtnp] The Fifth Vortex - Ehactl's Story

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011, 23:31

I really like your released projects and the synopsis of this one is intriguing. Can't wait for a stroll through another Na Pali outside area! :)

(Also with teleportation you could make some really cool puzzles that span temples all across Na Pali's surface. 8) )

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: [rtnp] The Fifth Vortex - Ehactora's Story

Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011, 02:42

looks nice.

@UB: When u get UGold, be sure to patch it with 227h Gold ;)
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

Doublez-Down

Subject: Re: [rtnp] The Fifth Vortex - Ehactora's Story

Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011, 00:32

Updated OP. Teridax has decided to join the party.

Next