Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

Bioshock Infinite - Just became my top-anticipated game

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Bioshock Infinite - Just became my top-anticipated game

Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012, 22:59

I AM HAVING A GODDAMNED PANIC ATTACK

Right now, I just want your take on...

->THIS<-

Essentially it's now a true Bioshock version of System Shock 2, if all goes well (which, I'm thinking, it likely will; fingers crossed). Story is, of course, something we'll have to wait on to judge, and it's likely it won't be identically as awesome as the 1999 masterpiece of old, but still, this is an accomplishment (and I'm sure some of you people who had guffs with the original Bioshock(s) might have something different to say about this particular installment).

I can tell you personally that I'm having an anxiety fit over this bit of FREAKING GLORIOUS news. Seriously, I'm going to have excitement seizures in my sleep tonight (I'm already having some right now). I had privately hoped directly after playing SS2 for the first time that Infinite would return to its non-console-simplified roots that Irrational excelled in with System Shock 2, but I'm psyched that they actually did something almost identical to it (although this is even better).

So...what are your thoughts?

P.S. Ken Levine is fucking amazing. Just saying.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: Bioshock Infinite - Just became my top-anticipated game

Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012, 23:00

Maybe this will be the first real BioShock and not BoringShock
Though I will reserve my choice of buying this game or not until the SS2 world has spoken because I don't want to waste 60 bucks again like what happened with the first game.
ImageImage

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012, 06:52

I enjoyed Bioshock. I guess I enjoyed Bioshock 2. I played System Shock 2 too late. I'm down for a venture in Columbia and this news does effect me personally since I felt that Bioshock was way too easy. Hopefully it will do for me what Hardcore mode did for my experience with New Vegas. But if I have to guess, I think Levine and company are putting way too much effort into the storyline and scripted way the narrative unfolds for the game to be truly challenging. I just feel it in my bones, but then again Bioshock was good (in my opinion) for those reasons and it didn't bore me because I was interested in other things besides how easily splicers ragdolled before my godliness.

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012, 08:55

YES !!!

SS2 was a good long game, and not such an open world like these new Oblivions.

I mean if the place is going to blow up and you need chemicals A, T, X, you better figure out a way to get them, or take another route, like having enough lock picks to hurry away, avoid turrets, swim through sludge, while avoiding mutated sharks. (or something like that)

Bioshock was just another ,get through it, game, then uninstall the game.

I will get this now that they say what we know what we where wanting.

SS2 was one long hard game that made sense, and your ammo resources will count, not just big daddy.
Just ban everyone

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012, 17:39

If the game isn't properly balanced for it then it won't really change anything, but that's impossible to tell until it comes out. Though I don't really care anyway, as with at least 90% of FPS' now going the super scripted COD route I'm just looking forward to another first-person game that might provide some slight freedom of movement and not have at least one explosion every five seconds.
Formerly Mman

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012, 00:44

I was thinking for Bioshock would have been cool if we could have gone on the outside of some of those underwater structures.Like swim across to other buildings for parts of the game.
Just ban everyone

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012, 02:54

That's what happens in Bioshock 2, actually!
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012, 10:09

redeye wrote:I was thinking for Bioshock would have been cool if we could have gone on the outside of some of those underwater structures.Like swim across to other buildings for parts of the game.

BioShock Infinite doesn't even happen anymore underwater, it happens in the sky. All is definitely more pretty.
ImageImage

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012, 01:57

ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Anreel
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012, 10:47

UBerserker wrote:Maybe this will be the first real BioShock and not BoringShock.

QFT. I recently picked it from bargain bin for 6$ - the worst 6$ I have spent LOL Infinite should be on another level tho judging from gameplay movie.

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012, 20:12

It's almost like they get an old good game, put it through the process of making it have meshes and new directX and new engine.Then sell a bunch of them while they work on the actual game they where supposed to make and not deal with the new engine.
Just ban everyone