Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

[UT] <EXU2> "G59" (OLD THREAD)

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: [UT] <EXU2> "G59 - Phase 1" - RELEASED! (Version 1.5F)

Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012, 23:47

sana wrote:Have you considered that your issues may stem entirely from modding an extremely excessive mod that constantly treads on all available engine limits to make it even more excessive and add even more content, all despite the mod already being tweaked for optimal co-op play by its original author? ;)

Of course I have considered that... I was merely pointing out some of my observations and making some
guesses as to what was happening under the hood while pushing it even more than default settings.
People will use this stuff with extra mutators. Extra mutators are even included with it.

I run it with 2 different gametypes. (EXU2coopgame2 and with Ecoop)

Since the "issue" was only occurring on a handful of EXU/G59 maps and not on the other 550+ maps
I had running on the same server(s) with the same settings, I thought it was worth mentioning.

My understanding is that most of the EXU code involved that could be related to this has been re-written
for the next phase. Obviously I am not requesting a patch for a now obsolete beta... I was just providing some
feedback.

By testing things at absolute max settings, you can often discover issues that will not be noticed at normal settings.
But fixing those issues will then make things work even better at normal settings.

I have since made some adjustments to various settings on the server and mutators, and things are working
much better. Still running it more excessive and with more content on the AKcoop/Ecoop server. Have finished
BI-15 and G59-04 several times on it since. It would take a LONG time to finish those maps at unreal difficulty
in coop play without the extra guns and other ecoop additions. Haven't had time to even try them on the
Oldskool/Ecoop server yet. Only extras on that server is a spotlight and an ASMD. Not going to help you much
with EXU maps... lol

Also, if the mod was already tweaked optimally, why was the last release a beta?
(Hi Waff. You rock. 8) )
Mooo !

User avatar jaypeezy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012, 07:49

Just started playing the newest version tonight - this time on Hard rather than Medium - and so far I'm having a (challenging) blast playing through this and trying not to get all of my armor/health chewed up. So many enemies on Hard, and the first boss - Morax? - is definitely more of a threat this time around. Makes me wonder just how much more difficult this can get... *resists playing Unreal mode just yet!*

Also, the second level still creeps me the hell out. But I'm sure that's what you were going for so, good job. :lol: I'm especially looking forward to how level 3 has been changed, as that was and most likely will still remain my favorite map of Phase 1.

[spoiler]Two things:
1) Finally found that damn final glyph! Yeah! I feel so smart.
2) "Golden Flute?" :?[/spoiler]

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012, 10:08

[spoiler]Golden Flute is the item which summons Leviathan, which drops the first pillar after you kill him. Check the "Pillar of Sin" section in the first post :)
Morax is not the first boss haha, he's the green Skaarj at the end of Map 3. You're talking about Naberius, the big Gasbag thing[/spoiler]

Also I am waiting your experience in Map 4!
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012, 12:34

As the release date of EXU2 OPEN BETA draws near, I may as well drop this note.

Since the code of the new EXU2 version will be totally different compared to the one we have, G59 will not run under the EXU2 OPEN BETA version in any way. So, in October 11th the G59 Phase 1 download link will be removed for the time being. I will probably take around one or two week to update G59 to the newest EXU2 version, and once it's ready you can download it again. It will still have the first four maps only, however since people played them already, I'm going to change them a bit again just to make Phase 1 fresh again (including all the gameplay improvements of EXU2 OPEN BETA, of course!).
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [UT] <EXU2> "G59 - Phase 1" - <EXU2 OPEN BETA Note>

Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012, 13:46

News: trying to get this to work on OPEN BETA.
BUT! It will take me more time than expected. For mysterious reasons.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012, 20:27

woooooooooooooooooosh

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012, 12:52

Hypnotic!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012, 22:38

IT WILL BE REVIVED IN 5.01 FORM THIS SATURDAY

Will update tomorrow the main post for the special info and other cool stuff.
ImageImage

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012, 02:47

Thank god! I'm getting tired of playing my own buggy, incomplete maps :)

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Re: [UT] <EXU2> "G59" (OLD THREAD)

Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012, 16:56

Locked per UB's request. New thread here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2758

Previous