Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

Nali Weapons 3 - Release

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Dr.Flay
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012, 18:23

I would suggest the name for any sequel on the UDK could still sound the same, and have a "hardcore" reference.

Gnarly Weapons
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gnarly
Every single one of the definitions, describes NW3 perfectly ;)

User avatar evilgrins
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012, 04:36

I have what may be a silly question...
...why can't I freeze the butterflies?

User avatar Jigoku

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012, 04:41

Because in Soviet Russia, butterflies freeze u! Sorry I'm feeling a little bit duh. Maybe they are decorations and you can't freeze deco.
Trying to get back into the swing of things.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012, 16:16

They're probably non-collidable like horsefly swarms for the sake of performance. Imagine if you fired a Redeemer and it exploded against a bug right in your face - not the most ideal thing!

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012, 22:07

Waffnuffly wrote:They're probably non-collidable like horsefly swarms for the sake of performance. Imagine if you fired a Redeemer and it exploded against a bug right in your face - not the most ideal thing!

True, good point... although they can be killed with multiple redeemer hits.

Strong butterflies are Strong.

User avatar Dozey
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012, 10:42

So after NW3 is released, now it's time for X-Vehicles ;)
Return to Napali IV: Napali War Coming soon....
http://dozeyunreal.webs.com

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012, 13:05

@Flay: lol, but there won't be another nali weapons, UDK or not. Probably a few concepts will be ported (like the nukes and some weapons) to a new UDK game, but it won't be nali weapons anymore.

@Grins: Does the projectile pass through them?

@Dozey: Sorry, but I am not so sure about that. 1 or 2 years ago I would undoubtedly do it, but right now times have changed, and fact is that probably NW3 was my last mod for UT. Nothing is set in stone just yet, but doing more mods or not for UT atm just depended on 2 things: this mod and the community.
This mod had a great reception and all (greater than what I expected tbh), but fact is I don't see any server even half filled with players despite having a fun and balanced gameplay (said by the players themselves of course), and being rather stable.

So right now, it's all finally dependent on the mod re-release (since I am going to make a new release in a few weeks, with bug fixes and a couple of addons), where I will also add a few mutators to severally enhance gameplay, however if even by then I don't see enough people playing it, then personally I am not up to spend another 1 or 2 years doing another mod that just won't get played at all by any stretch of the imagination, I would rather starting to do my own game(s) in UDK (hence I am already starting to practice with Blender, since MilkShape blows) and finish it in about 1 year or a bit later, and port many of the NW3 and X-Vehicles concepts to there, with no restrictions but my own skill limits.

I feel a lot constrained by this engine right now. NW3 lacks a LOT of detail, effects and features I wanted and was capable to add, but simply I wasn't allowed to by the restrictions of the engine and the modeler I was using.

So, I will do the re-release, and if I see enough people in the servers playing it by then, I may probably consider doing it, if not... new indie in UDK (with a rather new FPS concept, with some inspiration from several other shooters, including this one ofc).
The problem is not the mod itself, but the current lack of players in the game and the lack of interest in mods by the community in general (and I don't mean this mod alone, I mean dozens of other mods released and being developed by other devs which didn't receive any attention as they deserved), so unless a flood of players come by next month, developing further complex mods for this game is not worth the time (nor headaches) anymore imho.

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012, 03:20

Feralidragon wrote:@Grins: Does the projectile pass through them?

They're admmittedly hard to hit as they're so tiny. Despite the fact they come in swarms, each one is an individual piece. Not like i can mass shoot them.

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012, 04:06

Well, I just made 2 open maps to properly test the NW3 nuclear weapons better:
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lyy84epenff4e ... stMaps.zip

Just enable NW3 and start either map. The nukes are located closely (if you don't find them, just type "fly" and look around and you will certainly find them easily).
The files within the zip go to the Maps folder in your UT install.

DISCLAIMER: These maps will crash a lot with the nukes if you fire tons of them at the same time or/and add at least 10 bots (and even less, depending on the situation and what you're looking at, in which angle, etc). I am still tracking the exact reason of the crash (since it's a native problem with UEngine), but it seems to be a problem with the decals or/and what they generate afterwards, so I would ask whoever tries the nukes out in these maps to try with 20 bots and with decals on and then off, and let me know if with decals off it never crashes (with decals off the debris effects will be disabled as well).
I am not sure if I am going to be able to fix this problem, but if I can at least understand what's causing it, probably I can avoid or manipulate the game in such a way to fix it (like I did with a few other things in this mod so they could work properly).
It's not critical though since it only happens in absolutely giant maps like these with nothing further around (maps no one really plays for real anyway) and in online games the odds of a client crash are far smaller (the server never crashes).

User avatar Jigoku

Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012, 04:40

Ionizer and Hall of Giants.
Trying to get back into the swing of things.

User avatar UnrealGecko
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012, 06:52

Please take a few minutes to vote Nali Weapons 3 for moddb 2012 Mod Of The Year :tup: http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-3
http://www.moddb.com/events/2012-mod-of-the-year-awards
Deep cover GEcko!
My work for UT99: Counter-Strike VP, DM-XC-NaliTreeV2 (from the ut99.org Xmas Contest mappack)

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012, 12:19

Well folks, I don't know if you remember about this project at all or not, but these are the reason why I started to work on Nali Weapons 3.
X-Vehicles was supposed to be a full vehicles pack for UT to complement NW3 (that's why this mod has vehicular mines, T-missiles and plenty of nukes).

However, notice the word "was"..... yeah, it won't happen anymore. This vehicle mod won't be finished since I am going to leave the UT modding scene this year, and move on to more serious things such as UDK, as NW3 online success wasn't as great so for me is rather pointless to do anything beyond it.

But fear not, within some weeks I will release the final version of NW3 with fixes and a few addons AND X-Vehicles as well as they were 2 years ago.
By then I will give more details (and a video), but basically this vehicles pack doesn't have any online support, lacks proper physics, AI and HUD, besides having a few bugs (again, the last time I touched them was 2 years ago, so not the best visuals nor coding), but they can still be used to toy around and build SP maps with no online support in mind though.

Also, my NW3 Dropbox mirrors are now down (your fault for downloading too much :P), so if you need mirrors (because GameFront excluded your country or so), then I already added more mirrors to the first post (from MediaFire).

In a last note: the ModDB MOTY (Mod Of The Year) is now running, so if you think this mod is worthy, I would appreciate a vote :)
http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-3 (scroll down, it's the first big green button you see, no registration needed)

Also, it's highly encouraged to vote for other UT mods from other authors if you like them as well:
http://www.moddb.com/mods?filter=t&game=5 (the same way: just select the mod(s) you like and vote on them, it would be nice to have at least one UT mod in the top100 MOTY this year)

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012, 01:24

Ok... I took almost an entire day to assimilate this.
Well see for yourselves (Epic Games): http://epicgames.com/community/

And although Flak posted about this mod in specific, she also mentioned the UT moddb page where other mods reside, so awareness is there once again on other mods too (and possibly some SP projects over there too?). :D
Thanks to everyone who supported this mod so far :)

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012, 01:26

That is awesome! Congrats!

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012, 20:13

Thank you :)

Previous Next