A random sentence for a random mind.

Ballistic Blood for 227 (2.0 GREEN BLOOD UPDATE)

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: Ballistic Blood for 227 (WIP)

Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012, 05:46

check log? should work fine...unless i forgot a file...man i hope this isnt tied to something silly...ill double check things here but the mutator line should be ballisticblood.bbmut

so try "open nyleve?mutator=ballisticblood.bbmut" and check log while you do

EDIT: found the issue...apparently I had a class linked to a sound package from another mod of mine by accident...so there was a missing package. The dependency has been removed and link updated, so just re-download and all should be good.
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar gp
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Re: Ballistic Blood for 227 (WIP-Released!)

Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012, 01:54

That did it! Thanks. 8)

User avatar Dr.Flay
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012, 00:06

Here is my "int" file for this mod
[Public]

Code: Select all

Object=(Name=BallisticBlood.bbmut,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="Ballistic Blood,Runestorm's 2K4 blood effects")

Now you can use the mutator the same way as you do in UT.

*EDIT*
Could you make it configurable via the advanced options panel please (or make some Low, Medium, High, presets).
This mod is stunning, but produces so much load, I cannot play with other mutators, or with many bots.
Using the HD weapons and this Blood mod, are fine (and awesome) for SP games.

Spec.
AMD 2500, 1GB RAM, ATI Radion 3600 512MB

Q: Does the blood cast shadows ? and should I disable/enable any particular unreal or renderer settings ?

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012, 10:40

gah wth i know ive already included an INT file for this what gives -_-

and no...blood doesnt cast shadows o.O they're just decals...

Also for Ballistic Blood to work properly all you need is EnhancedBlood set to True (which it is by default in 227) and I think I specified this already in the readme.

But seriously whats up with the INT's man? I know I've included my own INT's already for both Ballistic Blood and HDWeps...im glad you like my mods but...bleh im tired...*goes back to sleep* <-- 4:39am

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Dr.Flay
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 26 Dec 2012, 23:29

I added a description, in the description field, so when you click or hover over the mutator in the GUI, you get more info.

The Idea with the thread is a demonstration of improving various existing int files, making new ones, and how to use functionality of the GUI that Unreal users now have.

Here is the version I posted.

[Public]
Object=(Name=BallisticBlood.bbmut,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="Ballistic Blood,Based on Runestorm's 2K4 blood effects")

As you can see, a minor edit.
If you prefer to have something else, or more, at the bottom of the Unreal window, please let me know.

My question about shadows with the blood, is to do with the particle-effect in the air, not the decals on the surfaces.
I was wondering if having all the new Unreal 227 shadows switched on (obviously I am aware of the CPU use this already demands) with loads of particles flying around is a problem?

BTW. I adjusted the text on the int thread, to show it is based on the Runestorm mod. It was definitely misleading (my lazy typing).

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013, 16:58

Yeah except my mod ISNT based on the Runestorm mod lol...it has nothing to do with it except for the fact that I got permission to use the same textures. However everything that made the Runestorm mod what it is, is nothing like or has anything to do with my Ballistic Blood mutator for 227. Yes I have the same name and that's probably misleading. I was going to change it but never got around to it.

The Runestorm mod has different blood splatter types for each individual weapon...hence the name "Ballistic" blood. It also incorporates a lot more effects that are also weapon based. This I have not done nor do I think I ever will do...as that would probably require weapon specific coding (like Runestorm had to do) and my main goal was to make a generic new blood mod capable of working for every weapon in Unreal, modded and unmodded.

In the future (way in the future if I ever get good enough to do so...) I'll probably try incorporating some more effects and certain coding where depending on the velocity of a blood particle, it will spawn a certain texture or something...in order to differentiate between low and high velocity blood splat types.

User avatar Dr.Flay
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013, 22:30

ah, so even "inspired-by" would be as close as the resemblance is.
The back-ground you give helps, so maybe something more descriptive like?

[Public]
Object=(Name=BallisticBlood.bbmut,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="Ballistic Blood,Add Ballistic style blood and gore effects to all games and weapons")

Radi
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2013, 18:00

huh ? No new updates ? Im in Terranius station now and game is not playable with this mutator :), because blood decals are not finished for green blooded enemies :/, and this make a draw error and game crashes after that . .. this is a shame that great addition is not finished :(
anyone know how to switch mutator off ? or I must playing from beginning :p ?

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013, 14:11

Yeah sorry about that >< I'll try to fix it soon...the problem with adding green blood as that that will double the texture file size for alll the green blood splats...and I'd really rather not do that just for 1 creature that happens to use green blood =P

I'll think of something soon enough hopefully.

User avatar Carbon
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013, 07:42

Radi wrote:huh ? No new updates ? Im in Terranius station now and game is not playable with this mutator :), because blood decals are not finished for green blooded enemies :/, and this make a draw error and game crashes after that . .. this is a shame that great addition is not finished :(
anyone know how to switch mutator off ? or I must playing from beginning :p ?

Sorry to necro this thread...

Ditto here...GPF in terraniux. No recourse either...each game that you saved suing this mutator is buggered if you copy out the files (as in getting rid of it). New game time. Start a new game, the use the console to get back to terraniux.

No green blood (or way around it) means GPF, which means don't use it. I thought that its being broken deserved mentioning.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013, 02:13

Ah crap. I forgot about this, sorry guys. I'll get to work on it right away! (and what I really mean is I'll bug bleeder to fix it for me cause I'm really stumped on this crash XD )

User avatar Carbon
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013, 12:41

Shivaxi wrote:Ah crap. I forgot about this, sorry guys. I'll get to work on it right away! (and what I really mean is I'll bug bleeder to fix it for me cause I'm really stumped on this crash XD )

Thanks mate. I wasn't trying to light a file on this, just thought it was worth mentioning. Frankly, I like using it and was a bit bummed to get GPFs at all.

Take your time and thanks again.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013, 23:15

@Radi and @Carbon: I think...THINK...that the GPF crash only happens when you gib a mercenary. And I only THINK because that's how it is now, but I'm not sure if it's because of what I just did or if it was always like that. But yeah, the green gibs bouncing and trying to spawn blood splats is messing up something with the texture render cause I think it's trying to spawn both red and green splats at once or some shit I dunno...but its a render crash...only happens when you're looking at the messed up textures. They get like all grid pattern like and weird, and then GPF.

Try going through Terranius with gibbing or blowing up any mercenary and you may be fine. I currently have green blood splats half working right now, so expect an update soon.

Funny screenshot of mixed blood =P

ividyon: Scaled the screenshot down to 720x405 to avoid aspect ratio hijinks.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013, 08:07

I really like the merc blood. Reminds me fondly of Predator.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013, 12:24

Mister_Prophet wrote:I really like the merc blood. Reminds me fondly of Predator.

hehe, thanks. That's kinda what I'm going for actually too. The merc blood is translucent, where as regular red blood is modulated. So it's like, red blood you can see better in light, where as green blood you can see better in the dark, and it glows ^^

Previous Next