Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

[usp] New webhost for UnrealSP.org

Legacy news previously posted on UnrealSP.org.
User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject: [usp] New webhost for UnrealSP.org

Post Posted: 08 May 2014, 01:19

Following an incredible performance fallout and complete loss of trust with our previous webhost Arvixe.com, we've now moved to a new company: NixiHost. It might take a while for all DNS servers across the world to propagate the change, but the domain move should be completed. The webhost move was intended to coincide with the website reboot, however Arvixe's performance has forced my hand earlier.

All users are advised to purge their UnrealSP.org cookies and browser cache. The forum session cache has been emptied, meaning that most of you will have to re-login.

Note: 1-2 days of forum posts may have been lost, but I don't think anybody managed to post anything important in that buggy period, anyway...

Please comment on the new server's performance below. I'm very interested in seeing how the move pans out, and if performance improves.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: [usp] New webhost for UnrealSP.org

Post Posted: 08 May 2014, 01:34

Hi ividyon,

Happy to see everything's back in working order! On my side, performance is great, better than before actually! All is smooth :)

Cheers!
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 08 May 2014, 03:31

Sorry, I think arvixe was my recommendation. I've been with them a long time but never on the servers USP has.

User avatar StalwartUK
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 08 May 2014, 04:42

Good, hopefully that'll be the last of those errors. It's very off-putting when the site keeps crapping out.
StalwartUK

User avatar UnrealGecko
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 08 May 2014, 08:03

I had a Generic Error for a few days, got worried quite a bit that a similar problem appeared then the one at ut99.org. Happy to see it fixed ;) (and no, I didn't need to re-login)
Deep cover GEcko!
My work for UT99: Counter-Strike VP, DM-XC-NaliTreeV2 (from the ut99.org Xmas Contest mappack)

User avatar SteadZ

Post Posted: 08 May 2014, 10:10

The announcement of the final version of USB.u (Unreal Buddy System) has been lost :/ (5th May)

Performance was always good for me, but it this means that we'll get no more of the random "Unable to Connect" things, then I'm happy :D

SZ

User avatar Hyper
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 08 May 2014, 12:03

Nice to see you're back online. The past few days it was all MySQL errors. (A connection limit of 1, and I was not the 1 allowed in ;-))

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 08 May 2014, 16:38

It's working well so far, maybe even better than before. Here's to hoping it stays that way. :tup:

User avatar ElectricIce

Post Posted: 08 May 2014, 17:18

One improvement so far for me is the loading times between pages and topic change, I usually had 2-3 minute load time. I can speak too soon, we'll see. No problem at all so far tho.