Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

[u1] [ut] FireStorm

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: [u1] [ut] FireStorm

Post Posted: 29 Sep 2014, 22:48

Doublez-Down wrote:Perhaps I was a bit harsh in a couple of earlier posts. For that I apologize (to salsaSkaarj in particular). I got a touch defensive when it was pointed out that my little comment might delay this project or keep it from getting released. As if the developers care what I think (rightfully not).

No need to apologise: written words are more prone to being misinterpreted.
Anyway, I wasn't planning on mentioning this at all, but since the topic has developed into a complaint about slow progress (and fears of cancellation) ... I'm very pleased to mention that another mappack which seems to have been forgotten (and possibly thoughts about it being cancelled may have come to mind) ... is not cancelled at all. Yes, jazzyb had some problems slowng him down but I had PM contact with him in June and Xenome part 2 (Interloper) is moving ahead (albeit it slowly).
Jazz will open a topic when the time is right so I'm risking being a bit out of place here; but perhaps Mr. Prophet has a point that leaving a topic open for too long without progress is testing on our patience. Still, I can't resist shouting: Let's keep the faith! (for Firestorm among others :wink: ).

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014, 02:33

I've kinda dropped off the unreal scene (I play it roughly twice a year now). It actually makes it easier to wait for these projects to come out :) I'm still keen to play them but I'm not on the edge of my seat anymore waiting for the release announcements. I'm also confident that I'll enjoy it more this way because I'm not expecting anything, so it will be a pleasant surprise when it comes. Also the nostalgia of new content for an old engine in a classic style is pretty much a guarantee of enjoyment when they do finally arrive.

(Besides Hellscrag got it right, there is so much more to life than this game series :P Time to move on, while checking back every now and then)
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar evilgrins
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014, 19:11

TheIronKnuckle wrote:I'm still keen to play them but I'm not on the edge of my seat anymore waiting for the release announcements.

There is no more edge to my seat. It wore away while I've been waiting on it for this project.

MUST FIGHT THOSE DRAGONS!

User avatar Gizzy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014, 00:42

Gizzy wrote:Posted: 29 Aug 2012, 23:30:
it's worth the wait, even if it takes to 2013.

even if it takes to 2013.

But in all seriousness. It's fucking amazing, it'll be out when it's done™, and it'll be totally worth the weight. Never have I played a set of maps that manage to not only stay so close to the original Unreal atmosphere, but at the same time manage to build and expand on it in such a way that doesn't feel like it deters in any way from that original "Unreal" feeling, like that first step out of the vortex rikers or scaling the sunspire. I'm talking about what I played in 2011, ALMOST 4 YEARS AGO. God only knows what is going on with it now but I can only assume that it's something mindfuckingly good.

I'd wait another 5 years if I had to.

(also a screenshot or 2 wouldn't kill either I guess)

Annetteblue
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014, 06:29

And I, too.

Blade_Sword
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015, 20:22

So this mod is on stand by; Active; testing or dead ?

User avatar Nalisavior
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015, 09:36

I'm sad this never got to see the light of day :(

User avatar Xanious

Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015, 10:46

Me too. :(

User avatar evilgrins
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015, 19:59

In the meantime, other dragons have made their presence known!

USPXdragons · https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=6500

INIsDragons · https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=6602

User avatar GamesHarder

Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016, 18:04

Where is the FireStorm? :D
Unreal Alpha & Beta picture collection:
https://mega.nz/folder/elQjRQbC#FoFU4B8rIVl4LQP90-VBIw

"The years go by, but the search never ends"

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2016, 18:05

It's cancelled.
I grant you the ultimate power!

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2016, 19:04

If it were, Turboman would have at least said something, or asked to have it taken out of this forum.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016, 05:13

If you ask me (and nobody is asking me) Turboman should slap a final map on the thing and release it. It was the best Unreal SP campaign I played when it was only a nearly complete beta with no true climax, in all its buggy glory (the 2008 versions, I think). I wrote lines for trans logs intended for his last few maps, helped with the story, all my best attempts to help the guy kick it out the door...but that was years ago now :). People in the community here have helped out too, like Shivaxi and others. An awesome pack somehow seemed even more awesome, but even with the stuff we helped/suggested the thing was already crazy sick when we all saw it for the first time. Make no mistake, Turbo is a true solo act. All of us who have had the luxury of playing it really dig what he did and want to see it out there for everyone.

So it can't be cancelled, because it's been finished...like what, twice now at least? The problem is Turboman keeps touching it. Turbo, if you're reading this. Listen. It's good. It's really really good. Better, even. You did it. Now let it fly!

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016, 06:44

Mister_Prophet wrote:If you ask me (and nobody is asking me) Turboman should slap a final map on the thing and release it. It was the best Unreal SP campaign I played when it was only a nearly complete beta with no true climax, in all its buggy glory (the 2008 versions, I think). I wrote lines for trans logs intended for his last few maps, helped with the story, all my best attempts to help the guy kick it out the door...but that was years ago now :). People in the community here have helped out too, like Shivaxi and others. An awesome pack somehow seemed even more awesome, but even with the stuff we helped/suggested the thing was already crazy sick when we all saw it for the first time. Make no mistake, Turbo is a true solo act. All of us who have had the luxury of playing it really dig what he did and want to see it out there for everyone.

So it can't be cancelled, because it's been finished...like what, twice now at least? The problem is Turboman keeps touching it. Turbo, if you're reading this. Listen. It's good. It's really really good. Better, even. You did it. Now let it fly!
I think FiireStorm is waiting for The Chosen One to be released, and vice versa, there could be a competition to make the best map.. but, SOMEONE has to release a map first!. that's the problem...

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016, 10:42

FXANBSS wrote:It's cancelled.

No it isn't, unless something has happened I don't know about.
Formerly Mman

Previous Next