Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

[UT] Turmoil Saga - Coop Night | Return To Na Pali: Ultimate Edition v1.1

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar zYnthetic
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: [UT] Turmoil Saga - Coop Night | Return To Na Pali: Ultimate Edition v1.1

Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016, 20:59

Update for February 04, 2017.

Sections in yellow have been updated from the previous week.

Event info
Saturday starting at 3pm EST
Gametype: SB_TVCoop
This week's campaign: Return To Na Pali: Ultimate Edition v1.1 HD.
password: imwiththeband
The server itself will be running before/after the event so feel free to use it. Do note that it will be restarted just before the event time to restart the campaign and may kick you in the process. Don't be scared to rejoin.

How to Join
Make sure you meet all the Requirements and have prepared for any Known Issues before starting UT.
The server does not broadcast so you will not find in the server browser. You may join one of two ways:
1. In the console type "open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" where X = the ip of the server.
2. On the Favorites tab of the server browser you can Right-click to add and a New Favorite. Enter the Server name and ip and it will be saved to your Favorites tab. Double-click to join.
* In both cases you will be asked for the password the first time you join the server.

Requirements
* Unreal Tournament version GOTY/436 (patch436)
* Unreal Tournament Bonus Packs 1-4 (UTBP1 | UTBP2 | UTBP3 | UTBP4) I am unsure if GOTY/Steam includes these.

Known Issues
The server is running a beta version of CoopSuite with new changes to the spawning system. It is possible that it may be completely broken. RTNPUEv1.1 is not on redirect. If you wish to join you will need to manually install.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [UT] Turmoil Saga - OldSkool Coop Night

Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016, 22:01

I'll be in, anybody else?
ImageImage

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016, 22:24

I don't know that map, i will be so freaking lost, so the answer it's a "No" ATM.

It would be funny if i play there, since i'm dumb, but still "No".
I grant you the ultimate power!

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016, 22:35

FXANBSS wrote:I don't know that map, i will be so freaking lost, so the answer it's a "No" ATM.

It would be funny if i play there, since i'm dumb, but still "No".

Server is running CoopBeacon so it might help a little. While it doesn't go so far as to creating a path to follow, it does show where players are to give you a hint.

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016, 23:45

Damn, wish I could join but for logistical reasons beyond my power I won't be able to participate.

I do hope there'll be more folks joining in, I might still be able to follow the stream in part at least! Have fun :)
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016, 02:18

Friday and Saturday evenings could work out. I'll mark it and if I have the time and energy, I might pop in for a bit.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016, 00:42

ROFL just noticed it's EST so yeah can't play :<
ImageImage

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016, 01:48

Nobody saw through my ingenious disguise! Was fun - thanks zynthetic. Now back to normal bedtimes I'm afraid...

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016, 03:32

Yeah sure. Take the screenshot when I am in last place.....

:rolleyes: :shake: :lol:
Mooo !

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016, 08:28

Hellscrag wrote:Nobody saw through my ingenious disguise! Was fun - thanks zynthetic. Now back to normal bedtimes I'm afraid...

O U :o

Thanks everyone for joining. It's been a long time since I've played coop (7Bullets release). While a lot of it came back to me it seems there were some server issues. I've sorted out the most likely problem so it should be good to go. I think it took about 3.5 hours for a single run. Not bad for a community campaign with players that (mostly) remember where to go. Those respawns are killer though.

I'm thinking about moving a couple hours earlier for Saturday. When I picked 7pm I wasn't thinking how late it would be for GMT0. I've got some admin scripts to rewrite so I'll probably show up earlier to make sure my client is sorted out also.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016, 00:06

Deja Vu only ever had nominal coop support. To work better it would need a patch with shortcut routes like the lift to the Stinger that I mentioned while we were playing the first map. In fact I think that even occurred to me when I was making the map but I never got round to it.

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016, 01:04

It's one if those things I mentioned in the best/worst Unreal map thread. The landscape has changed. Back then it was one of those things you just accepted simply because that's how it always was. Even though I think you could get creative with the tech that shipped with the game to fix this, it wasn't really seen as a problem. Just like how tweaking the graphics on level 3 led to visual improvements, design practices improved as well.

diamond
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016, 12:16

when there will be next session?
UBerserker wrote:Architecture doesn't need to detailed, it just needs to be right.

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016, 17:45

Friday, Saturday. Thinking about adjusting times for one of the days. Also considering running the Jones saga this week but there's a few mutators I want to write specifically for that to autopilot a few things like placing accumulated weapons at spawns (as 7B already does) and loading packs sequentially. I originally planned to alternate between the two (DejaVu, Jones) each week but I may instead run DV again this week and Jones the following two.

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016, 11:11

Yay! It was a nice change of pace from all the Batshit Insane games I have been playing
lately.

Re: Server Stuff. Check your PM's.
Mooo !

Next