I have a "package" of sorts for more robust artistic editing, but to start you off I have a gallery of high resolution wallpaper-type .jpgs that may or may not meet the needs of your display size ratio. Let me know if there is a certain ratio/resolution that you would like renders for.
I wanted to see how something like this would look, so I scanned my jewel case booklets, collected online images, and took some screenshots from in-game to get good references and set out building high polygon versions of the text and circle-U logos from the original Unreal.
Obviously I did some background gradient wallpaper-like renderings on this post, but there were two real purposes to this project:
- Build the actual models to have them on hand. I've been drawing the 'U' from "Unreal" with pencil and paper since I was 11, so it was good to come full-circle and have a full model of both logos done. Pure recreation of these logos was a real thrill as they came along.
- Give others some resources to play with if they want. Even I may want to go in and try some painting and texturing, but even if I don't I wanted it to be available. A fully updated HD arted-up version of the old logo is one of many things I'd imagined, but it's essentially for anyone who wants to use these images for any non-commercial projects of their own.
As I mentioned above, I have a package of assets that should help people to generate their own creative content or use as assets for their own projects. The contents are as follows:
- Low compression (.png) versions of all of the images included in the Imgur album (as well as some images rotated by 90 degrees for mobile use if you wanted to use those on your phone for any reason; no idea why I didn't include them in the album).
- Masks for EACH wallpaper-style image so you can remove the background and isolate the individual logos. This would be especially useful for painting, creation of in-game textures or other assets, and whatever else springs to mind.
- A set of images for each logo:
- Normal maps
- Displacement maps (no rivets)
Link to care package: https://www.mediafire.com/?hutqucj9q36rgax
To conclude, I'll just say INEVITABLE TYPOS AHOY! And thanks for taking a look at the post!