A random sentence for a random mind.

[ut] The Chosen One

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, zYnthetic, ividyon

cacaro
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout
Posts: 16
Joined: 06 Dec 2009, 01:56

Subject: Re: [ut] The Chosen One

Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017, 15:11

UBerserker wrote:Grimoire IS def coming before TCO/Firestorm, though not sure how many people worked on that. The two mappacks have just 1 or 2 ppl behind.


It's Cleve's baby. I don't think his ego could withstand the burden of sharing the accomplishment with someone else.

cacaro
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout
Posts: 16
Joined: 06 Dec 2009, 01:56

Subject: Re: [ut] The Chosen One

Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017, 12:37

And Cleve pulled a Cleve yet again. Cmon guys, you may actually make it before he releases the damn thing.

User avatar UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest
Posts: 7658
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 21:00
Contact:

Subject: Re: [ut] The Chosen One

Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017, 12:44

I still hope for "release what there is" of Firestorm and TCO
Honestly I'd rather have those than nothing ever. It doesn't matter anymore if the mappacks have to be 100% perfect, it's not like we're still in the era of Unreal custom packs reviews anymore
Image

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder
Posts: 1264
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 22:12
Location: Pervert.

Subject: Re: [ut] The Chosen One

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017, 23:59

UBerserker wrote:I still hope for "release what there is" of Firestorm and TCO


At this point, I just want the beta that was released years ago for Firestorm, and whatever is completed of TCO... I don't expect anything to ever be finalized, so at least we can play the old stuff in that case.
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

Image

User avatar UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest
Posts: 7658
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 21:00
Contact:

Subject: Re: [ut] The Chosen One

Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017, 19:02

Lightning Hunter wrote:
UBerserker wrote:I still hope for "release what there is" of Firestorm and TCO


At this point, I just want the beta that was released years ago for Firestorm, and whatever is completed of TCO... I don't expect anything to ever be finalized, so at least we can play the old stuff in that case.


The funny thing is that I've always heard the first full beta of Firestorm was highly superior to the version that was re-developed under 227. If it wasn't for 227 we would have probably finished playing Firestorm 5 years ago.
Image

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder
Posts: 1264
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 22:12
Location: Pervert.

Subject: Re: [ut] The Chosen One

Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017, 21:08

UBerserker wrote:
Lightning Hunter wrote:
UBerserker wrote:I still hope for "release what there is" of Firestorm and TCO


At this point, I just want the beta that was released years ago for Firestorm, and whatever is completed of TCO... I don't expect anything to ever be finalized, so at least we can play the old stuff in that case.


The funny thing is that I've always heard the first full beta of Firestorm was highly superior to the version that was re-developed under 227. If it wasn't for 227 we would have probably finished playing Firestorm 5 years ago.


I wish Turboman would just give the go-ahead to let people play the old beta. I want to play that beta people bragged about all those years ago... I'm usually very patient when it comes to waiting for projects to be finalized, but this amount of time for something that was already "complete" seems ridiculous.

Now I wish I had volunteered to be a beta tester back then so I could have a copy of the beta for myself.

Anyway, sorry for the Firestorm talk on the TCO thread, but it IS kind of relevant for all these projects never coming out. :P
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

Image

User avatar UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest
Posts: 7658
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 21:00
Contact:

Subject: Re: [ut] The Chosen One

Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017, 22:47

Lightning Hunter wrote:I wish Turboman would just give the go-ahead to let people play the old beta. I want to play that beta people bragged about all those years ago... I'm usually very patient when it comes to waiting for projects to be finalized, but this amount of time for something that was already "complete" seems ridiculous.


More like release just what there's.
I mean I'll assure you 100% that when Firestorm or TCO are released there will be around 10 different posters in each respective thread because the rest of the community is gone. Wait more months or years and perhaps the community is no more a thing and you're releasing stuff to nobody.
We saw stuff like Brexit, HalfLife3 being pretty much confirmed to have never been a thing, a successful HD remake of the Crash Bandicoot trilogy, fucking Chester of LP dying (RIP) yet TCO/Firestorm being out is yet so far a dream after lots of fake teases that did never amount to anything. They've become U1/UT community memes, really.

User avatar ElectricIce
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord
Posts: 721
Joined: 12 Nov 2007, 20:42
Location: Somewhere lost in Na-Pali
Contact:

Subject: Re: [ut] The Chosen One

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017, 20:36

I haven't even reinstalled UT and Unreal 1 after they got uninstalled because of windows 10 update, and it's probably going to remain like that until either of these releases....

User avatar UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest
Posts: 7658
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 21:00
Contact:

Subject: Re: [ut] The Chosen One

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017, 20:49

ElectricIce wrote:I haven't even reinstalled UT and Unreal 1 after they got uninstalled because of windows 10 update, and it's probably going to remain like that until either of these releases....


Do it with the new Xenome episode. Easily the best SP pack at the moment.
Image

User avatar ElectricIce
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord
Posts: 721
Joined: 12 Nov 2007, 20:42
Location: Somewhere lost in Na-Pali
Contact:

Subject: Re: [ut] The Chosen One

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017, 20:41

I'll have to check that one out then

cacaro
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout
Posts: 16
Joined: 06 Dec 2009, 01:56

Subject: Re: [ut] The Chosen One

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017, 14:20

Cleve won.

radios
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin
Posts: 130
Joined: 25 May 2008, 18:58
Location: Long Island

Subject: Re: [ut] The Chosen One

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017, 01:19

UBerserker wrote:I still hope for "release what there is" of Firestorm and TCO
Honestly I'd rather have those than nothing ever. It doesn't matter anymore if the mappacks have to be 100% perfect, it's not like we're still in the era of Unreal custom packs reviews anymore
I bet they both get released the same day, TCO waiting on Firestorm, Firestorm waiting on TCO.. with one wanting to be better than the other..

User avatar UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest
Posts: 7658
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 21:00
Contact:

Subject: Re: [ut] The Chosen One

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017, 17:32

radios wrote:
UBerserker wrote:I still hope for "release what there is" of Firestorm and TCO
Honestly I'd rather have those than nothing ever. It doesn't matter anymore if the mappacks have to be 100% perfect, it's not like we're still in the era of Unreal custom packs reviews anymore
I bet they both get released the same day, TCO waiting on Firestorm, Firestorm waiting on TCO.. with one wanting to be better than the other..


So it's never gonna happen lol
Image

radios
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin
Posts: 130
Joined: 25 May 2008, 18:58
Location: Long Island

Subject: Re: [ut] The Chosen One

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017, 18:12

UBerserker wrote:
radios wrote:
UBerserker wrote:I still hope for "release what there is" of Firestorm and TCO
Honestly I'd rather have those than nothing ever. It doesn't matter anymore if the mappacks have to be 100% perfect, it's not like we're still in the era of Unreal custom packs reviews anymore
I bet they both get released the same day, TCO waiting on Firestorm, Firestorm waiting on TCO.. with one wanting to be better than the other..


So it's never gonna happen lol
they were BOTH started the same month, and year, Nov. 2007, Ten Years ago, so, that's a sign.. One has to give in for a release of both..

User avatar UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest
Posts: 7658
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 21:00
Contact:

Subject: Re: [ut] The Chosen One

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017, 18:14

radios wrote:they were BOTH started the same month, and year, Nov. 2007, Ten Years ago, so, that's a sign.. One has to give in for a release of both..


That's just because both threads were created for the new forums, one of the two packs (Firestorm I believe?) was started earlier than the other way before 2007
Image

Previous Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest