This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

specify player model via console?

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: ividyon, Semfry, zYnthetic

Ironword
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: specify player model via console?

Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017, 20:30

I have the same problem with SkytownRedux as the reviewer here (legacy/community/reviews/redux.html) insofar as the batch-file method doesn't work but I can get the map going via the console. There's just one problem: my player model. I'm a serious fan of Unreal1 Dante/Bane, whom I like much better than the UT model that the map defaults to. So with some poking around I found post viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3957&p=71878 which seemed to have a string that might work for specifying the correct model, "Class=UnrealShare.MaleThree?Skin=Male3Skins.Bane". So I appended that to my command line, i.e. ...

Code: Select all

open skytownreduxx?xidiampack.tvsp?difficulty=2?Class=UnrealShare.MaleThree?Skin=Male3Skins.Bane

...but the map is still opening with me posing as the overstuffed Brock or whatever his name is.

Am I whistling in the dark here, or is there a way to specify my player? (In case it matters, in normal UT Preferences, Dante/Bane is set as the model).

User avatar Bombadilian
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord
Location: Spawning Nalis in DMAriza and then taunting them with a rifle for my own amusement

Subject: Re: specify player model via console?

Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017, 14:37

Turn off your computer and shout POOMBLA POOMBLA five times, then reboot as normal. Should be fine after that.
'Well, there goes our grant money.'